Huaka'i Na Mokulua (Sailing Canoe)
Discover the beauty of Kailua as we venture into its offshore waters on a canoe. You'll paddle just like the ancient Hawaiians did, catching views like you've never seen before!
100% Refund Policy
No policy available
No disclaimer available
No FAQs available
Join us for a 3-hour paddling adventure on a Wa’a Pe’a (Hawaiian Sailing Canoe). We will set sail to the islands off Kailua’s coastline, learning about the history and culture of canoeing in Hawaii. As you paddle, glory in the sights as you gaze through the clear waters at honu (Hawaiian sea turtles), tropical reef fish, and more!
- Hop aboard for a 3-hour canoeing expedition
- Learn the history of canoeing in Hawaii and proper paddling technique.
- Discover the history of Kailua.
- Explore the islands off Kailuas coast and spot the beautiful bird species that inhabit them.
- Bask in the beauty of the Pacific waters as you spot sea turtles, reef fish, and more!
No upgrades available
- A 3-hour waterman guided tour
- Visit the Moku islets
- Explore the coral reefs of Kailua
- Rich Hawaiian & Polynesian History
- The cultural significance of the canoe
- Views of the Ko'olau Mountain Range
- Learn about the indigenous seabirds
Oahu Ocean Sailing Canoe
Join us as we get off the beaten path and hit the water! Our Wa’a Pe’a (Hawaiian Sailing Canoe) seats six so you and your party can have a truly intimate adventure with the Hawaiian ocean. We will meet at Kailua Beach and head out for a three-hour paddling journey exploring the small islands off the Kailua coast.
Throughout our adventure, our watermen will teach you about the history and cultural significance of the canoe and show you proper paddling technique. Enjoy beautiful coastline views, and gaze through the clear water at tropical reef fish, honu (Hawaiian sea turtles), and other ocean creatures.
As we near the small islands off Kailua’s coast, view and learn of the indigenous seabirds, such as ‘Iwa (Great Frigate) and ‘Ua‘u kani (Wedge-tail Shearwater), that call the sanctuary islands home.
We look forward to paddling with you and your ohana!
Know before you book:
- Max number of guests per canoe is 6. Parties larger then 6 will be placed in two separate canoes.
- Participants required to arrive & check in with guide 15 minutes PRIOR to tour departure time
- Participants required to sign electronic liability waiver
- Paddling is required
- You WILL GET WET